Painting To Rain

Wassily Kandinsky, Landscape with Rain, 1913

A couple of weeks ago I was talking to my friend Evan about painting to music. He said he likes to paint to meditation music. I regularly meditate to music but have not listened to that music while painting.

One of my favorites is an album with only one song that is 55 minutes long. It is music to the rain...

I wonder while listening if I would be tempted to paint rain. I love this abstract piece by Kandinsky. What would your painting of rain look like?

Here are a few more artists' take on rain...

Edward Munch, Karl Johan in the Rain, 1891


Krishna Protects Gopis from the Rain, 18th century


J. M. W. Turner, Rain, Steam and Speed


Vincent van Gogh, Rain, 1889


Edgar Degas, Jockeys in the Rain, 1886


Pierre-Auguste Renoir, The Umbrellas, 1881-86