Do You Listen to Music While You Paint?

 


Almost all of my artist friends say they listen to music while they paint. I never have. I kind of like the silence of painting in my garden. However I am just beginning to try it to see how it changes my experience and paintings.

Here are two playlists I have gathered...

Quiet Painting Music

Paint the Sky with Stars - Enya
Always on My Mind - Willie Nelson
Queen of the Slipstream - Van Morrison
A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum
Halleluja - K.D. Lang
Change the World - Eric Clapton
Crazy Mama - J.J. Cale
Gin and Juice - Andra Day
Perfect - Ed Sheehan
We Will Meet Once Again - Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli
What's Going On - Marvin Gaye
Who Will Comfort Me - Melody Gardot
Feeling Good - Nina Simone
Amazing - One Eskimo
You Send M - Rod Stewart
Sister Moon - Sting
Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
I Only Have Eyes for You - The Flamingos
Seasons of Love - Rent


Painting For Energy

Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Uptown Funk - Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars
Cry to Me - Solomon Burke
Feeling Alright - Joe Crocker
Hand It Over - Kew' Mo'
Sing About It - The Wood Brothers
Climb Up On My Music - Rodriguez
Lovely Day - Bill Withers
Build Me Up Buttercup - The Foundations
Go Crazy - LeslieOdom, Jr.
Your Mama Don't Dance - Loggins and Messina
Yes We Can Can - The Pointer Sisters
Dangerous Mood - B.B. King
Be OK - Ingrid Michaelson
Koop Island Blues - Koop featuring Ane Brun
Love Is Like A Heat Wave - Martha Reeves
The Girl Is Mine - Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney
Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs
Every Breath You Take - The Police
We Will Rock You - Queen
Who Do You Love - Candye Kane
Shake Rattle and Roll - Joe Turner

I am working on two more lists - Classical Music and Latin Music. Watch for them soon.